Missing Over 2 Years, Teenagers in Germany Found in a Wardrobe

Missing Over 2 Years, Teenagers in Germany Found in a Wardrobe

Missing Over 2 Years, Teenagers in Germany Found in a Wardrobe

A teenager who has been missing for two and a half years has been found to be unhurt. He was found in a closet belonging to a child pornography suspect in western Germany.

Marvin K, a 15-year-old teenager, was found on Friday, December 20 during a police search in Recklinghausen, German state in North Rhine-Westphalia.

A spokesman for the German police told CNN that the teenager had been missing for two and a half years.

When found, he was still wearing the exact same clothes when he was reportedly missing.

The suspect is a child and a father
Police ransacked the home of a man, Lars H (44), who allegedly distributed photographs of child pornography.

“The officers found a boy in the cupboard. An investigation shows this is a 15-year-old teenager who has long been lost,” explained Recklinghausen police.

According to police, there was no indication that Marvin was being held in the apartment on his will. Marvin remains under police protection and has not been identified for legal reasons.

A police spokesman said Lars H and the man reported as his father (77) who were in the apartment at the time were arrested and taken by the police.

On Saturday 21 December, a judge granted a request from the public prosecutor’s office and issued a warrant for Lars H’s arrest for serious sexual violations. Meanwhile, his father was released from detention.

During the search, an electronic device which is a data storage unit was found by a trained police sniffer dog. Police said that the equipment is now being investigated. As quoted from CNN, Monday, December 23, 2019.

Back with Mother
DailyMail reported, a neighbor in Recklinghausen said that they did not see Marvin, only occasionally heard the cry of a man coming from the house.

His mother, Manuela (53), said, “He held me very tight and began to tremble.” Manuela also added that her son complained how tormented he could not get fresh air because he was locked in a closet for two and a half years.

Before his son was found, Manuela always said his child was dead or somewhere and could not contact him. The police also reported that they had prepared to surrender because they could not find Marvin.

Marvin disappeared after being taken to the nearest nursing home after his father’s death, and at that time he was 13 years old. He said goodbye to the caregiver before going to meet his friends on June 11, 2017 in the city center.

He sent the last WhatsApp message at 11.37 in the morning, before his phone was permanently turned off.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *